Working in RRR Communities
Working in RRR areas offers unique opportunities for career development. Contrary to what some may assume, RRR Lawyers can have thriving careers and have the added benefit of being able to pursue other interests outside of work, not available in the cities.
Depending on the role and location, opportunities include:
- exposure to niche and growing specialities, such as those involving water and farming rights and licences, mining, and agri-business;
- increased exposure to court-work and advocacy at an earlier stage of one’s career;
- the abilitiy to practice in a professional setting but live a rural or ‘adventure’ lifestyle;
- more affordable housing and cost of living; and
- living in a close-knit and family-friendly community.
Want to find out what working in RRR areas can do for your career? See what our Real RRR Lawyers have to say.
Finding work in RRR areas
Like many other professional groups, such as doctors and nurses, lawyers in regional areas are experiencing increasing difficulties in attracting and retaining suitable staff. These recruitment problems have a direct effect on the legal sector’s ability to service the legal needs of regional communities. Learn more.
Real RRR Lawyers
RRR Lawyers discuss their experiences and provide tips for these thinking about RRR work. Learn more.