National Strategic Plan
In 2020 the Law Council, drawing upon the expertise of the Constituent Bodies, the Law Council’s RRR Committee and the Justice Project Report, developed a RRR National Strategic Plan. The National Strategic Plan focuses on five key areas for action, with the corresponding projects to be implemented by the Law Council over 2021-23:
- Creating a new, revitalised webpage;
- Developing policy options promoting the recruitment, retention and succession of lawyers in RRR areas;
- Developing specific policy positions and recommendations to government, regarding what temporary COVID 19-related remote access working regulations ought to be made permanent, and what accommodations or adjustmens are required to provide protections for vulnerable or digitally excluded Australians;
- The promotion of RRR legal practice in education; and
- Engaging in advocacy on RRR issues.
These projects will be further developed in close consultation with the Law Council’s Constituent Bodies, Sections, Advisory Committees and other key stakeholders to ensure that a diversity of experiences and views are canvassed and addressed.
For more information, please see the National Strategic Plan.