Review of the Financial System External Dispute Resolution Framework
1. The Law Council of Australia (Law Council) welcomes the opportunity to make a submission to the Review of the financial system external dispute resolution framework Issues Paper released on 9 September 2016.
2. This submission addresses a number of the discussion questions identified in the Issues Paper which are of most importance to the Law Council.
3. The Law Council’s submission has been prepared in five parts:
• Part A has been prepared by the SME Business Law Committee of the Business Law Section (SME Committee);
• Part B has been prepared by the Australian Consumer Law Committee (ACLC) of the Legal Practice Section in consultation with the Law Institute of Victoria;
• Part C has been prepared by the Superannuation Committee of the Legal Practice Section;
• Part D has been prepared by the National Insurance Lawyers Committee of the Legal Practice Section; and
• Part E has been prepared by the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (ADR Committee) of the Federal Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section.