Aged Care and Other Legislation Amendment (Royal Commission Response No. 2) Bill 2021
The submission to the Senate Community Affairs Legislation Committee in relation to the Aged Care and Other Legislation Amendment (Royal Commission Response No. 2) Bill 2021 was prepared by the Law Council of Australia.
The Bill introduces eight measures as part of the second stage of reforms in response to the Final Report of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety (Royal Commission).1
This submission focuses on the following aspects of the Bill:
- Schedule 1 – Residential aged care funding;
- Schedule 2 – Screening of aged care workers, and governing persons, of approved providers;
- Schedule 3 – Code of conduct and banning orders;
- Schedule 4 – Extension of incident management and reporting;
- Schedule 5 – Governance of approved providers; and
- Schedule 9 – Restrictive practices.
You can read the full submission below.
1 Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, Final Report: Care, Dignity and Respect (2021)