Australian bushfire victims - resources for assistance
Victims of the bushfire can seek assistance by contacting the law societies and bar associations in their state or territory and legal aid services may be contacted via nationallegalaid.org. Community legal centres are available through clcs.org.au.
For other ways to support the fire services or those directly affected by the fires, read more here.
Please note, this page will be updated regularly when more resources come available.
New South Wales
- Law Access NSW
Telephone: 1800 801 529 – Disaster Response Hotline
- For the legal profession - how to volunteer to provide pro bono assistance.
- Disaster Legal Help Victoria
Telephone: 1800 113 432 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm)
- Legal Services Commission of South Australia
Telephone: 1300 366 424
- Law Society of South Australia
Telephone: 08 8229 0200
- Legal Aid QLD
Bushfire legal help line: 1300 527 700
- Queensland Law Society
- Bar Association of Queensland
- Law Access WA
Telephone: 08 6488 6813
- Legal Aid WA
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Western Australian Bar Association
Australian Capital Territory
- Assistance available to both ACT residents and evacuees staying in the ACT
- Legal Aid ACT
Telephone: 1300 654 314
- ACT Law Society
Telephone: 02 6274 0300