Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year Award
The Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year Award is designed to recognise and encourage the talent and achievements of young property law practitioners. It is also an opportunity to highlight this area of practice in your firm and across the profession.
The Award is conducted annually by the Law Council of Australia, through its Australian Property Law Group in the Legal Practice Section. The Law Institute of Victoria (LIV), through its Property and Environmental Law Section also support this Award.
The Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year will be selected by the judging panel and will receive a certificate and a cash prize of $1,000.
Call for nominations
Nominations for the award are now closed.
Please send nominations to:
Tisher Liner FC
Law Level 2, 333 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
T. 03 8600 9333
F. 03 9670 6359
To be eligible for the Award, a nominee must be:
- under 36 years of age at the date of the nomination;
- hold a current Victorian practising certificate; and
- practise predominantly in the field of property law.
The key criteria for the award are:
- demonstrated excellence in the provision of property law legal services to clients;
- academic and practical abilities in property law;
- contribution to the field of property law and practice; and
- maturity, self-reliance and leadership.
Nominations must include:
- the nominee’s professional legal career CV (abbreviated version);
- a detailed illustration of how the nominee has met the award criteria (with examples);
- two professional or personal references (one may be by a nominee’s employer); and
- a statement of the area(s) of practice engaged in by the nominee and the nature of matters handled by the nominee.
The 2020 Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year Award was awarded to Lydia Eastwood. Lydia was admitted as a lawyer in 2013 and has predominantly practiced in the field of property law since her admission.
In 2019, she was awarded specialisation in property law by the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV). Lydia is based in Geelong and has had a number of speaking engagements for the LIV and various other bodies.
Her contribution to property law in regional Victoria has been significant where she commenced a support group known as the Geelong Property Lawyers and Conveyancers Group which meets regularly and discusses electronic changes in property law with key-note speakers.
Lydia’s leadership, maturity and self- reliance is illustrated by her position within her firm, her growing reputation in the field of property law and the support group that she has initiated which seeks collaboration between property lawyers and conveyancers.
- 2019 - Tim Chislett (Allens)
- 2017 - Nafsika Palbas (Tisher Liner FC Law)
- 2015 - Laura Glover (DLA Piper)
- 2013 - David Ellenby (Corrs Chambers Westgarth)
- 2012 - Belinda Wilson (Tyler Tipping & Woods)
- 2010 - Jonathan Hirsh (Consult Solicitors)
Mr Travis Kotzur
T. 02 6246 3722