Australian Environment and Planning Law
The Australian Environment & Planning Law Group of the Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia is a representative group of leading environment and planning lawyers in Australia.
Role and Objectives
To advise and assist the Federal Government and State Governments and Territories on:
- the reform of water law in Australia; including any legislation brought forward in relation to the Murray/Darling system;
- the proposed Federal legislation on carbon trading;
- legislation on biodiversity, and ecologies;
- contamination and pollution;
- planning laws; and
- any other Federal or State legislation impacting the environment.
Encourage young lawyers by the award of the Young Environmental Lawyer of the Year Award in various States.
The Group consists of leading planning and environment lawyers in each State of Australia. We have advised on Federal and State (when requested to do so) legislation in relation to the environment, biodiversity, contamination and pollution.
To find out more about the activities of the Australian Environment and Planning Law Group, contact the Section Administrator or a Group member.
Ms Robyn Glindemann
Lantegy Legal Pty Ltd
Suite 4, 99-101 Fracis Street
Northbridge WA 6003
- Mr James Johnson
- Dr Leonie Kelleher OAM
- Ms Charmian Barton
- Ms Maureen Peatman
- Mr Greg McIntyre SC
- Ms Anna Vella
- Ms Nicole Sommer
- Ms Charlotte Loos
- Mr Hubert Algie (Observer)
- Ms Jess Hamdorf (Observer)
Ms Chelsea De Silva
T. 02 6246 3722