Justice Project Communications Toolkit
The Justice Project is one of the most important pieces of work the Law Council has ever undertaken.
Overseen by an expert steering group, led by the former Chief Justice of the High Court, the Hon. Robert French AC, it is one of the most extensive reviews of into the state of access to justice in Australia for people experiencing significant disadvantage in the past 40 years.
Since it began in 2017, the Justice Project held around 150 consultations, and received 129 submission revealing heartbreaking accounts from everyday Australians about the devastating consequences of not being able to access justice, or of receiving poor justice outcomes. The final report consists of 22 chapters, in two parts, totalling more than 1000 pages.
Help us spread the word about The Justice Project by using the materials we have provided for you below:
You can access the following materials by clicking on the links below:
- Final report Media Release (EMBARGOED - not to be distributed until after 10.30am Thursday, 23 August).
- Draft email that State and Territory Law Societies / Bar Associations can amend and send to their members.
- Key messages.
- Overarching Themes chapter.
- Recommedations and Group Priorities chapter.
- Justice Impact Tests chapter extract.
- Overarching two-page summary A4 on the Justice Project.
- Overarching two-page summary flyer on the Justice Project (to print select A4, print double-sided, flip on short edge).
- Opinion Piece by our President, Morry Bailes, – free to use across any internal/external publications.
- Social media suggested text and images below:
Image 1 Image 5 Image 9 Image 13
Image 2 Image 6 Image 10 Image 14
Image 3 Image 7 Image 11
Image 4 Image 8 Image 12
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Law Council of Australia Public Affairs and Communications Team on (02) 6246 3788 or email Patrick.Pantano@lawcouncil.asn.au or Sonia.Byrnes@lawcouncil.asn.au.