The London Chapter was established following a reception at Australia House on 31 May 2011. The Executive of the London Chapter is as follows:
Convenor: Anne Bodley
Immediate Past Convenor: Marnie Pearce
Deputy Convenor: Verity Doyle
Executive Committee Member: Julius Brookman
Major events and activities
- 8 December 2016 - Address by Senator the Honourable George Brandis QC, Attorney General of Australia, co-hosted with the Anglo-Australasian Lawyers' Society, at Clyde & Co, London.
- 9 September 2016 - Address by the Honourable Chief Justice Robert French AC on ‘Vive la Différence? Australia and the United Kingdom: Two Countries, Two Systems.’ Co-hosted with the Anglo-Australasian Lawyers Society at Linklaters, London.
- 11 November 2015 - Address by Professor Gillian Triggs, President of the Australian Human Rights Commission, on "Australia’s Asylum-seeker Policies: International Law and the Australian Human Rights Commission".
- 14 October 2015 - Address by Professor Philip Alston, Professor of International Law and UN Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights on "Are Commissions of Inquiry the Best Answer to Massive Human Rights Violations?"
- 29 September 2015 - Opening of the Legal Year Reception with members of the Law Council of Australia Executive at Brookman Solicitors, London UK.
- 24 September 2014 - Address by the Honourable Michael Kirby AC CMG, former Justice of the High Court of Australia on "From the High Court of Australia to Human Rights in North Korea: A Conversation with The Honourable Michael Kirby AC CMG."
- 12 June 2014 - Panel on Australia and New Zealand at the International Court of Justice with Dr Philippa Webb, King's College London, Dr Devika Hovell, London School of Economics, and Penelope Neville, Cambridge University and 20 Essex Street Chambers on "Australia and New Zealand at the International Court of Justice: Recent Developments."
- 5 February 2014 - Address by Iain Morley QC, formerly Counsel to the Special Tribunal for Lebanon, on the opening of the Hariri trial: "In Conversation: Iain Morley QC on the Special Tribunal for Lebanon."
- 1 October 2013 - Reception with the President of the Law Council of Australia, Michael Colbran QC.