At a forum held on 18 June, it was acknowledged that many small businesses are facing significant challenges over the coming months and years as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In response, the Australian Financial Security Authority have developed a range of tailored resources designed to help industries impacted by the economic downturn understand how the PPSR may be able to help protect their business. These materials focus on the building, construction, wholesale and manufacturing industries – and highlighted a few circumstances where a business owner or subcontractor may be able to protect their interests on the PPSR.
This COVID-19 industry guidance content includes:
- new shorter style case studies explaining how the PPSR works in everyday business transactions
- new step by step guides to help business understand how to proactively enforce their security interest if their customer can’t pay or goes out of business
- new sample eNewsletter content
- new handy A4 flyer explaining the benefits of the PPSR for businesses
- links to key relevant resources such as the small business guide and our short information videos.
The new industry focused resources can be found in one central location – www.ppsr.gov.au/covid19.