Two year contract with view to extension.
$90,000 plus super.
The Executive Officer will provide superior executive support to the President and Chief Executive Officer and high-level secretariat services to the Directors (Board).
The successful candidate will work closely with the Law Council’s President, Chief Executive Officer and Office Holders, with particular note of the Directors, Section Chairs, Board Committees (including the Corporate Governance, Finance and Risk and Remuneration Committees), and Constituent Bodies.
The role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and work closely under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Work closely with the President and Chief Executive Officer in planning, prioritising, coordinating and managing their activities, diaries and travel schedules.
- Provide assistance to the President and Chief Executive Officer directly in the organisation and coordination of Law Council meetings, including the distribution of agendas and papers, liaison with venue, catering, oversight of travel/accommodation arrangements.
- Draft, or facilitate the drafting of, correspondence and briefings for the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Facilitate communication between the LCA Directors and the Constituent Bodies with the President and Chief Executive Officer and ensure effective information flow between the offices through the distribution of papers, minutes and other relevant information.
- Under the direction of the Company Secretary, ensure the Law Council is compliant under its ASIC obligations as it relates to the Directors meeting attendance;
- Manage the production and distribution of notices, agenda papers and minutes for the Sections Chairs, Corporate Governance, Finance & Risk and Remuneration Committee meetings;
- Other duties as required by the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer from time to time.
To be considered for this position applicants need to provide a covering letter of no more than two (2) pages outlining their expertise against the duties and responsibilities of the position, along with their resume and the names of 2 recent work-related referees.
This position requires skills/experience in the following areas:
- Excellent organisational ability, with the capacity to work independently to discharge tasks with initiative and discretion whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Provision of high-level secretariat support, including coordination and organisation of meetings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including high-level liaison and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships with people at executive levels. Displaying tact, discretion and complete confidentiality.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to build key internal relationships with executive management, as well as working as part of a close-knit team within a supportive environment.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
This position requires knowledge about the following areas:
- General knowledge of corporate governance requirements.
- Proficient working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Minute taking skills are essential to perform this role. The incumbent will be required to listen, interpret and take detailed minutes at a number of Board committees.
Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or demonstrated relevant experience.
Applications are to be received to email@example.com by COB Thursday 23 November 2017. For a strictly confidential discussion, please call Ms Frances McMurray, Chief Operating Officer on 02 6246 3731 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.