Professional Ethics Committee
The primary purpose of the Professional Ethics Committee is to advise the Board on policy matters relating to the Australian Solicitors Conduct Rules and other ethics issues.
The Committee will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Australian Solicitors Conduct Rules as a uniform set of national conduct rules.
After the Rules are in place on a national basis the Committee will take on a review function in relation to the Rules and will also consider ethics policy issues generally. This may include recommending changes to the Rules to the Law Council of Australia Directors where appropriate.
The Committee will not be responsible for providing advice to individual lawyers about the application of Conduct Rules to specific issues they may be dealing in the actual legal practice.
- Mr Steven Stevens, Chair - Law Institue of Victoria
- Mr Philip Jackson SC - Law Society of Tasmania
- Mr Ashley Macknay - Law Society of Western Australia
- Mr Christopher Boundy - Law Society of South Australia
- Mr Stafford Shepherd - Queensland Law Society
- Mr Paul Monaghan - Law Society of New South Wales
- Mr Mitchell Hillier - Law Firms Australia
- Ms Kellie Grainger - Law Society of Northern Territory
- Mr Robert Reis - Law Society of ACT
Mr Murray Hawkins
T. 02 6246 3734