Family Law Section
The Family Law Section is the largest of the Law Council's specialist Sections. Since its inception in 1985, it has developed a strong reputation as a source for innovative, constructive and informed advice in all areas of family law reform and policy development. With a national membership of more than 2300, an Executive of twelve senior family lawyers from across Australia and three staff members, it is committed to furthering the interests and objectives of family law and family lawyers for the benefit of the community.
The Family Law Section:
- Works co-operatively with elected representatives, policy makers, the courts, government agencies and numerous other bodies on a wide range of matters associated with the operation of family law;
- Recommends, and responds to initiatives concerning legislative change and procedural reforms;
- Provides extensive and affordable continuing professional development and education programs to promote the highest technical standards and awareness of developments among the national legal profession;
- Disseminates and prepare publications and other information for those working in the family law arena and for the general community; and
- Provides support for activities undertaken by the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM) which maintains the regulatory list of approved family law arbitrators.
For further information visit the Family Law Section website: www.familylawsection.org.au
Click here to complete an online membership application.