Issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
The Law Council is an active proponent and advocate for the legal rights of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders.
In this section
- Constitutional Change: Recognition or Substantive Rights?
- On Friday 22 July 2011, the Law Council of Australia presented a Discussion Forum on Constitutional Change.
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- The Law Council's Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Policy Statement on Indigenous Australians and the Legal Profession
- The Policy Statement guides the Law Council's approach to legal and public policy issues affecting Indigenous Australians. It covers a broad range of fields, including criminal justice, human rights, land rights, native title, customary law, legal education and reconciliation.