The Law Council presents a number of awards designed to recognise excellence in, and service to, the Australian legal profession.
In this section
- Presidents Medal
- The annual Presidents Medal recognises an individual for their outstanding contribution to the legal profession
- Australian Young Lawyer Award
- The annual Australian Young Lawyer Awards recognise excellence in young lawyers and young lawyer organisations.
- Mahla Pearlman Award for the Australian Young Environmental Lawyer of the Year
- The Mahla Pearlman Award for the Australian Young Environmental Lawyer of the Year is conducted annually by the Australian Environment and Planning Law Group of the Law Council’s Legal Practice Section.
- National Golden Gavel
- The National Golden Gavel is an annual public speaking competition in which young lawyers from each State and Territory of Australia compete. The competition is an opportunity for young lawyers to showcase their advocacy and comedy skills, with each given five minutes to argue their case on a usually far-fetched topic - revealed only 24 hours beforehand.